If you have been eyeing those giant, paper flower backdrops that have been super trendy the last couple of years, you might like to try some patriotic paper fans in your wall decor this year.
One of my favorite parts of the 4th of July are the fireworks. We don’t usually go anywhere for the Fourth because our neighbors up the hill next to us have awesome fireworks. Then, the neighbors on the other side start competing with them and whole show happens right over the top of us!
We have the perfect spot to drag all our blankets and pillows out to and just lay there watching the fireworks and snuggling. It is one of those childhood memories I hope my kids always cherish! I know I will.
I took my cue from the fireworks displays and tried to replicate it on my wall in my dining room. This backdrop would be perfect for in ice cream bar, candy bar, chili bar, buffet, you name it!
It is so simple and inexpensive, but packs a patriotic punch!
Patriotic Paper Fan Wall Decor
*This post contains affiliate links to products I know &/or love.
- Start by collecting some paper fans, I found mine at Walmart and Michaels. I’ve linked some others below from Etsy.
- I love this paper fan wreath from Michaels, too!
- Open them up and secure them in that position. I embellished one of my fans with a printable from Martha Stewart.
- Trim with scalloped scissors for an extra touch of fancy.
- I was looking for a smaller detail to add in and decided on a garland made from cupcake liners.
- I just flattened them out, folded them in half and taped them in place about six inches apart.
- You can watch the video below for more information.
- Once everthing was ready I just laid it all out on the floor to get an idea of the final look.
- I started by positioning the largest fans, then added the medium size fans and finally the smallest fans and cupcake liner garland.
- Then, I nailed tiny nails in the wall and hung everything up. Ta Da!
Watch this video to see how easy it is!
Shop this look
Pin for Later