I have rounded up eight farmhouse finds for the 4th of July for all my vintage loving readers. But, the truth is these ideas would work beautifully for Memorial Day, Veterans Day and any time you want to add a patriotic flair to your decorating.
You may even be surprised to discover that you already have some of these items on hand!
I like to work with colors and textures and a few subtle surprises to achieve a classic, finished look no matter what time of year. So, some of these items aren’t necessarily patriotic, per se. I will show you what I mean.
Farmhouse Finds for the 4th of July
*This post contains affiliate links to products I know &/or love.
- French Lemonade bottles– I get these at World Market and carefully clean them out to reuse in my summer decorating, year after year.
- Transferware- Always keep your eyes open when out thrifting for these dishes to use in your holiday decorating. I specifically collect the blue, red and green (for Christmas and spring) dishes.
- Vintage Flags– This one is a given, use the small ones for your planters and to place in pitchers and the large ones are beautiful on a wall or porch.
- White Pitchers– Use these all together in a collection or place them separately in vignettes around your home. They can be left empty or used to hold flags or flowers.
- Vintage Books- Grab these anytime you run across them, they make great filler pieces when decorating. Use the blue and red books together.
- Paper Fans– Can we say “Fireworks display on the wall”???? OH. my. goodness! These are so gorgeous grouped together, they would look especially good over a buffet table.
- Striped pillows- Grab all your striped pillows and display them together for the 4th. Grainsack, ticking and even the ever classic pinstripe are perfect for this time of year!
- Vintage Tennis Rackets– These aren’t exactly patriotic, but they will give your decorating a great vintage vibe if you use them as wall hangings and behind your other displays.