Over the years I have been asked to decorate tables for birthdays, family dinners, weddings, Christmas parties and company events and you know what?
They are all the same.
There really is a basic formula for a well designed table.
Now you can have some fun- FOR SURE! There were a couple of times I brought in goldfish to swim in bowls for the centerpieces and planted grass in pots exactly two weeks before the event so they would be just the right height for another shindig.
But, when it is all said and done, all the table decor had the same elements. Let me show you what I mean!
For our 4th of July table this year, I followed the same formula I always have. . .
Patriotic Farmhouse Dining Room
- Table Runner- This can be anything flat enough, I used vintage handkerchiefs here, but I have used moss or wrapping paper or wooden board, etc. Just something to ground the whole look.
- Centerpiece- These can really stress people out, but remember they are only part of the design. They can be as simple as a potted plant and some white pitchers. I didn’t have any flags, but those would have been cute in the pitchers.
- Plain Dishes- My go-to dishes are thrifted white ones that I use to layer with something more colorful and interesting. But, you could use any solid color.
- Pattern or Texture- Use this to layer between your dishes, I am using some red, white and blue plaid napkins here.
- Something Fun- Striped straws are great for this! I have a collection are many different colors just for this reason. I added these to some pint size mason jars and whipped up some red velvet cupcakes because. CUPCAKES are fun!
So, there you go, pretty straight forward, don’t you think?
Watch this video to see how easy it is!
Shop this look
*This post contains affiliate links to products I know &/or love.
Pin for Later
Sharing at these parties!