You get that call from a friend who is going to be in your neighborhood in less than hour and just wants to drop in.
Or maybe, you knew family was coming, but life has been insane. You find yourself with a to do list that is way more than you can handle and the temptation to just cancel the whole thing is weighing heavily.
Hold on, though. You just might be able to pull some Wonder Woman moves and save that day!
I know, ideally you want to wash the windows and make new curtains and have fresh flowers in the bathroom. Am I right?
But, not today, Honey. This is an emergency!
Here are my top 5 Fast Hacks to Get Ready for Company that will make you not feel so out of control as a hostess.
5 Fast Hacks to Get Ready for Company
- First things first, light some candles to deal with any unpleasant smells in the house while you work.
- Next, tackle the kitchen counters. Specifically, deal with garbage and food. The dishes can get piled in the sink, if need be. Left with any larger pieces that you want to hide?? Conceal them in a nearby room OR just stuff them in the oven. I will leave myself a note, though, so I don’t accidentally preheat the oven with dirty dishes in there. (!)
- Now, grab all your laundry baskets and start filling them with clutter. Don’t worry about where everything goes, just fill baskets, put them in rooms that will not be seen a close. the. doors. As you go through the important rooms, close all cupboards, doors and drawers, etc. Throw blankets over any spots on your furniture that you are embarrassed by.
- Once the surfaces are clear, you can “clean” the horizontal surfaces. We have hardwoods and area rugs, so a quick sweep is all I do on the rugs and the hardwoods. I also wipe down the kitchen table and counters if I have time. Although, wiping down a counter while guests are there is not that abnormal.
- Finally, decide which bathroom your guests can use, if you have more than one. Give the toilet a quick swish, make sure there is toilet paper and a hand towel and you are good to go.
Ahhh, now don’t you feel better already?
No need to call the whole thing off, your true friends will love you anyway, but its nice to have a few tricks up your sleeve to make the place just a little more presentable!
Watch this video to see how easy it is!
You can subscribe to my YouTube Channel here.
Click on the image below to . . .
Pin for Later