One of the most common I get from readers is
“Where can I purchase custom slipcovers from?”
I can make my own and have shown how in How to Slipcover a Recliner.
But, I know that a large group of my readers cannot sew or have no desire to sew. Needless to say, I have looked high and low for a solution to this common problem.
And I am delighted to report that I have found an answer!!
So, to my reader who has hit a brick wall when it comes to obtaining a slipcover. . .
This post is for you!
We recently purchased the above couch, called the Farlov, from IKEA. My only complaint with this couch was the slipcover. The Ikea fabric had almost a fish net feel to it.
It needed something softer and more European, but I just didn’t have the time or energy to make a slipcover for it.
I started researching my options. That was when I stumbled upon a unique company called Bemz.
Have you heard of it?
~A heartfelt thank you to Bemz for sponsoring this post.~
Bemz launched in 2005 by making covers to fit the most popular models of IKEA sofas, armchairs and chairs – even the discontinued ones – with the idea of extending the life of a product in a customised way.
As, I dug deeper ino this company, I was more and more fascinated! Here are some of their most impressive features. . .
What I love about Bemz
- Offers slipcovers for just about anything from Ikea that involves fabric
- For example sofas, parsons chairs, pillows, footstools, headboards, armchairs, bedspread, curtains, bedskirts, even bean bags
- Or you can just buy your fabric by the meter
- Slipcovers fit Ikea furniture like a glove
- 250+ fabric choices
- Your choice of 5 free fabric swatches, mailed to you
- A must-have for any decorator!
- They even gave me a design suggestion via email, once they knew what I was looking for
- High quality fabric
- Pre-treated for protection from stains
- Machine washable
- Made to order
- Ships from Europe
- Allow three weeks from date of order~however mine arrived a few days earlier than they anticipated
- 14 Day Return Policy~this shocked me! Who does that, who let’s you return a custom order??
- Quality Guarantee for three years
- THE BEST PART– Using fabric is one of the best ways to update the look of a room.
- I can see us using this couch for a long time and just updating the slipcover over the years
- Wouldn’t velvet be gorgeous for the winter???? Gah!
Ok, so let’s talk about what it takes to get your own custom slipcover from Bemz.
The Design Steps to Take
- Order 5 free fabric swatches by filling out the online form. I ended up getting more and will list my choices below. . .
- Rosendal Pure Washed Linen- Unbleached
- Belgian Linen Blend- Sand Beige
- Belgian Linen Blend- Unbleached Linen
- Linen Blend- Linara Peach Skin Porridge
- Designer’s Guild 100% Linen- Natural
- Brinken Herringbone- Absolute White
- Brunna Melange- Sand Beige
- Belgian Linen Blend- Soft White ~this is the one I chose!
- Rosendal Pure Washed Linen- Absolute White ~this was my first choice, but my slipcover didn’t come in it, however, I did get two pillow covers with this fabric.
- Try your samples for a week, check them several times as the light changes throughout the day.
- Place your order at Bemz.com
- Allow three weeks for sewing and shipping
- Do a happy dance when your box arrives
- Create a whole new look in minutes
Here is a close up of the texture on the Belgian Linen Blend- Soft White.
Box pleats are some of my favorite details on slipcovers!
And here are is one of the pillow covers (the middle pillow) in
Rosendal Pure Washed Linen- Absolute White.
I hope you love this company as much as I do! They are kind of a decorating miracle for me!
Current Sales Include
Free shipping on all orders over $150
Save 10% on all velvet covers until October 31, 2017
Several of my sample fabrics are 30% off
I’m so looking forward to hearing about your new slipcovers and feel free to leave me another request in the comments for a specific decorating dilemma you are having.
Sharing at these parties!