Sometimes, holidays can sneak up on you, depending on what you have going on in life at the moment.
But, there is something sad about skipping a holiday altogether. So, what’s a girl to do?
I have found that hanging a garland of some sort is the best I can do some year. Well, that and a festive dessert to commemorate said holiday.
But, that’s another blog post.
For today, let’s just tackle the garland idea.
And how about, I throw in a printable, to make life that much easier??
I’ve had my eye on this darling garland idea for about a year, but I found it out of season. So, it had to wait for a more opportune time.
That time has come and I am so excited to share the prices with you!
Printable Thanksgiving Garland
- Cut out letters to spell “Gather” –any craft store will have these. Mine are from the Walmart Christmas section.
- Gold Glitter– I am using the color Champagne from Joanns
- Elmers Glue or Mod Podge
- Sponge Brush
- Printable Oak Leaf
- Cream Cardstock
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Ribbon for Hanging
- Cover each of our letters in glue and glitter.
- Let dry.
- Meanwhile, print out about six oak leaves on the cream card stock.
- Take 2 plain pieces of card stock under each printed piece and cut out three at a time. I used about 18 leaves for my project.
- Once the letters are dry, hot glue them to singular leaves.
- Arrange the other leaves along a ribbon for hanging and add in the lettered leaves. I bent the non-lettered leaves down the middle to give a little more shape to the garland.
- Glue everything in place with the hot glue.
- Hang on mantle, window, armoire, mirror, bookshelf, bed frame, etc.
I hope that was easy enough and that you get a chance to make a Thanksgiving garland soon.
Let me know in the comments where you would hang your Thanksgiving garland!