Well, I have some fun news.
Much to my delight and surprise I have been nominated for an award.
I am humbled and honored and, yes, I accept these nominations. Thank you ever so much!
What is the Liebster award, you ask. Good question, I didn’t know either.
I did some research and apparently it is an online award given by bloggers to bloggers as a way to help promote one another. Liebster is a German word meaning “sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome”. How sweet is that?!
Each of the two blogger’s had a list of ten questions they wanted to ask me.
I love interviews, both giving them and receiving them. So, here goes. . .
Answers to Summer’s questions. . .
- How long have you been blogging for? Six whole months
- What movie title best describes your life? It’s A Wonderful Life. Not just the title, but the whole story, as well.
- What is your biggest regret? I regret the times where I had a bad attitude during events that should have been good memories. Now they are tainted with some sadness because of my own selfishness and immaturity. Its hard to remember specific details from our lives, but we remember how we felt during different circumstances and it is a good reminder that choosing to respond well is an investment in our future memories.
- Who is your favorite Blogger? Marian Parsons from Miss Mustard Seed will always be my standard for creativity, style and a genuine heart.
- What is your favorite place to shop, home goods & or fashion? The truth is, I abhor shopping because it takes me away from my home and all the things I am trying to accomplish there. The only reason I ever go to the mall is to have my laptop worked on at the Apple store. But, if I had to choose a brick and mortar business it would be World Market. I try to hit the thrift stores on their 50% sales and, of course, the local yard sales for clothes and decor. Amazon.com and Ebay are life savers for everything else I need to purchase.
- What is your greatest strength? I think I have an abnormal amount of vision for my life, how I want to raise my kids, where I want to be in five and ten years, how I want my life to count. It comes from surviving cancer as a child and knowing God today, every day is such a gift. Our lives don’t turn out well by default. We have to make hard choices and consciously know where we are heading.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? The Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield, CA. I’m not kidding.
- What is your favorite food? Oh my, probably berries. . . and cheese . . . and . . . nutella, but not all together. My favorite meal is always a really gorgeous salad. Sorry, I’m getting a little carried away on this answer.
- What is your favorite outdoor activity? Gardening, hands down. Its good for the soul.
- How many times a day do you look at Instagram? Be honest!!;) 5-10 times a day, that’s probably too much. Haha!
Answers to Tarah’s questions. . .
- If you had to pick the super power of Invisibility or the ability to fly which one would you pick and why? Definitely Invisibility. I could be very useful as a spy.
- Do you read the how-to manual or just figure it out as you go? I’m a half way through the manual, throw it over my shoulder and figure the rest out kind of girl. It’s gotten me into trouble before. I like to get to the point of things.
- What is your favorite book? The Bible, but for 2016 I have been really loving Essentialism by Greg McKeown.
- What was the first lesson that blogging taught you? How to face the fear of vulnerability, from the very first thought of starting a blog I was not excited about putting myself out there. But, it’s more important to give to people through this blog and continue to do what I know is quality work. When I focus my energy on these things, I don’t have time to get caught up in comparing and wallowing in insecurity.
- Would you recommend starting a blog to someone else? I just love that you asked this! I think that if you are at a season in your life where you can handle adding a blog without neglecting your essential responsibilities, then I would say a resounding “YES!”. People will tell you that the market is already saturated, but the world is huge and every one of us has a style and a story that is unique. There are lots of people that won’t be drawn to my blog or my message. But, you might be the right kind of person for them. We have work to do in our lives and people to bless, its so important to keep moving in that.
- Ever had an adventure? Taking on our 100 year old farmhouse with three little kids in tow, has been my favorite adventure to date. It’s non-stop around here. We have been at it for six years and I can already see how rich their childhood has been because of this crazy house renovation.
- Do you have a useless talent? I can plug my nose without touching it, just by breathing in. If I were a beaver it would be a very useful talent.
- If you kept something from your child hood what is it? I have a stuffed sheep dog named Fluffy. As you can imagine, he is not fluffy AT ALL anymore. But, he was with me every day through my four years of Leukemia and I just haven’t been able to part with him.
- What is your go-to favorite dinner to make after a long day? Grill cheese, oh my gosh, I make those way too much and I always burn them because I am multi tasking!
- What is your favorite quote? “Do small things with great love” by Mother Theresa has been a favorite of mine for years.
I also have a blog roll up on my site which I will be adding to over time, there are so many beautiful farmhouse blogs out there.
My questions for my nominations. . .
- What would you say is your greatest achievement in life?
- Where is your favorite place on earth?
- What is your greatest decorating obstacle?
- On camping- tent? Camper? Cabin? or No way, Jose!
- What has surprised you about blogging?
- Current (or most recent) book you are reading?
- Favorite thing about yourself?
- Strangest job you ever had?
- Thoughts on aging?
- Introvert or extrovert?
Sharing at these parties.