You have found your way to my corner of the world where you will receive my best DIY design advice and a taste of our vintage farmlife.
Hello, my name is Sarah, Sarah Jean for you country folk. Born to a cattle farmer /small businessman and a music teacher, I have always lived at the base of one mountain or another in the stunning Pacific Northwest. For as long as I can remember I have been decorating and designing. My childhood bedroom was my blank canvas and every square inch was meticulously thought through. I could not wait to have an entire home to myself to decorate. I remember thinking it was perfectly normal for a sixth grade girl to have her future house fully designed right down to the bathroom towels, until my peers gave me a blank stare when I asked them to describe their dream house.
There was pre-med in college, which led to a blind date, which brought me to a man God knew I needed. We were married in less than a year. It was he, who reminded me of my love for decor and design, suggesting I switch my degree to something that flowed from my very soul.
After graduating from the London Guildhall University with a degree in interior design, I worked in the industry until I had three babies to look after. It was about this time that we decided to purchase a 1906 farmhouse on some farmland and my country living roots were revived. Open fields and wind in the trees have always been a part of me and the desire to push back against the noise and pressures of our current age is something that I consciously pursue. All of these things influence my current decorating style of the vintage, farmhouse and an increasingly minimalist look. You are welcome to take our farmhouse tour to see what we have accomplished.
The daily details and ups and downs are best followed along on my Instagram account.
If you are more of a video person, you might enjoy subscribing to my YouTube channel.
During the years I was taking clients, something began to dawn on me. I realized that the group of women I really wanted to work with was the group that would never hire an interior designer.
- They want to decorate their own homes and not just every few years!
- They love watching HGTV, but want to know more. They want to know why a designer chose that shade of blue and that size of throw pillow. And how the got the gallery wall all layered like that.
- They struggle with money, confidence and skills- that is where I come in.
She Holds Dearly is where I get to share my professional design advice with the DIY home owners and get to see them empowered and proud of what they have accomplished in their homes.
Over the years this has turned into an entire design community and the launch of private design group called Behind the Scenes.
In a nutshell, it’s a faith based virtual design school!
- Declutter their entire houses
- Train in professional interior design
- Study the Bible and pray together
- Get Live one-on-one design consultations from me every month
We only open twice a year! You can join the waitlist here!!
“Is your home just another place for unmet expectations, to -do lists, and exhaustion? Or is our home a haven, the safest place on earth, a place to come back to, a place to heal, a place to create, a place to risk and simply be? You get to decide.”
-Myquillyn Smith, The Nesting Place
- little details make all the difference
- a home is much, much more than the furniture and colors, it should be our happy place, the one place we would rather be than anywhere else.
- we can love every single room in our homes
- historic neighborhoods
- peonies, lilacs and hydrangeas
- berries for breakfast
- the smell of a beehive
- clean floors and kitchen counters
- clawfoot tubs
- jersey cows
- wood fires
- homemade bread
- waking up to a rooster crowing
- handwritten thank you notes
- cooking with fresh herbs
- being home with my family
- Jesus and my resting place in His amazing grace
If you are looking for more information regarding the business side of things, you can check out my FAQs page!!
Some posts to get you started. . .
You are welcome to join me here, as well.